So you’ve taken a trip to the pumpkin patch, chosen your favorite squash, and now it’s time to carve the perfect jack-o-lantern. This year, carve with peace of mind, by following these pumpkin carving safety tips:
- First and foremost – never let a child carve a pumpkin without adult supervision.
- Be sure that you are using carving tools designed specifically for your purpose, as opposed to kitchen knives or power tools.
- Consider purchasing some high-quality carving tools, which – though they may be more expensive – are more likely to cause less hazardous resistance.
- Never cut towards the hand holding the pumpkin. If you can, never hold your hand on the back of the pumpkin, and try to brace it by holding the top.
- Prepare a well-lit, clean area in which to carve your pumpkin, and be sure to keep a first-aid kit
Do you have any other tips to keep in mind while carving pumpkins this year? Let us know your ideas in the comments.